We are pleased to announce Western Lullaby is a 2011 Gold Medal Ippy Winner!
Western Lullaby is now the recipient of the prestigious Moms Choice Award in the category of Picture books 7 and under.
The "IPPY" Awards, launched in 1996, are designed to bring increased recognition to the deserving but often unsung titles published by independent authors and publishers. Established as the first awards program open exclusively to independents, over 2,500 "IPPYs" have been awarded to authors and publishers around the world. The Awards recognize 12 Outstanding Books of the Year in categories such as Most Inspirational to Youth and Most Likely To Save the Planet, and to gold, silver, and gold medal winners in 69 categories, ranging from non-fiction categories like Architecture and Religion to fiction categories like Multicultural and Horror. Our Regional Awards honor books published with a regional focus and recognize Best Fiction and Best Non-Fiction Book in eight U.S. regions, two Canadian regions, and Australia/New Zealand.
Western Lullaby, written by Lynn Friess, is a vividly illustrated read-to book transporting the reader to the nocturnal west where sights and sounds fill the night. A dreamy tale, Western Lullaby combines the western outdoors with a nurturing family to tell the tale of a little cowgirl's bedtime surroundings. A perfect read-aloud bedtime story with a soothing soundtrack included, Western Lullaby is suited for little cowgirls and cowboys all across the USA.
• A children’s read-to book with an audio CD of lullaby for newborns to 8 years
• Gently assists a child to settle down and prepare for sleep
• Great for animal lovers and nature lovers
• Beautiful illustrations and audio CD gives a wonderful sensory experience that will help to the bond between parent and child
• Includes a Code of the West for Lil’Pokes in the back of the book
• A perfect story to read and lullaby to sing to your child right before they drift off to sleep
• 9.5 x 9.5” 36-page hardcover book with dust jacket
• 15 watercolor illustrations on full-bleed spreads
• End pages patterned with spot illustrations
• Audio CD of the bedtime lullaby that inspired the book 4 minutes total playing time
Full color -$18.99 USA
Release date: 5/10
For ages from birth through 8
Printed in the USA BAN FSC Certified Printed Company
Printed on 10%; post-consumer paper, using lead-free, soy ink 20%; soy or vegetable content
Award-winning illustrator Barbara Leonard Gibson has been a freelance artist for more than 25 years. With a degree in Fine Art & Design from Carnegie Mellon University, she has worked in many areas, including children’s books, magazines, portraiture, wildlife, and historical illustrations.
Marilee Gordon is a long time Wyoming resident. She is a Clinical Social Worker, rancher, singer-songwriter, and grandmother of two.